The Sovereign Lord has filled me with his Spirit.
He has chosen me and sent me to bring good news to the poor, to heal
the broken-hearted, to announce release to captives and freedom to
those in prison.
He has sent me to proclaim that the time has come when the Lord will save his people and defeat their enemies. He has sent me to comfort all who mourn,
To give to those who mourn in Zion Joy and gladness instead of grief, a song of praise instead of sorrow. They will be like trees That the Lord himself has planted. They will all do what is right, and God will be praised for what he has done.
They will rebuild cities that have long been in ruins.
My people, foreigners will serve you. They will take care of your flocks and farm your land and tend your vineyards.
And you will be known as the priests of the Lord, The servants of our God. You will enjoy the wealth of the nations and be proud that it is yours
Your shame and disgrace are ended. You will live in your own land, and your wealth will be doubled; Your joy will last forever.
The Lord says, "I love justice and I hate oppression and crime. I will faithfully reward my people and make an eternal covenant with them.
They will be famous among the nations; Everyone who sees them will know that they are a people whom I have blessed."
Jerusalem rejoices because of what the Lord has done. She is like a bride dressed for her wedding. God has clothed her with salvation and victory.
As surely as seeds sprout and grow, The Sovereign Lord will save his people, and all the nations will praise him.
: Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music
Psalms 95: 1: Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
After 22 months in captivity in Somalia, my friend Muthoni is back home! There are no words to describe how this makes me feel. Words are so inadequate!! I jumped all over my house when I heard the good news on Thursday last week!!! Read her story here Captives Set Free!!
I want to shout this LOUD, GOD YOU ARE GLORIOUS!!!
We prayed, people, we really prayed...each day of the 22 months...we prayed, we pleaded, we cried, we held hands, we sat in silence, some day in fear....some days we were angry...and cursed them damn pirates (forgive us Lord), but one thing we did not lose was HOPE. GOD kept our HOPE alive. He daily let us know that IT WAS WELL with her...HE was incharge and we trusted HIM. HE, to whom all power belongs, we TRUSTED and HE did not disappoint. HE DELIVERED HER HOME UNHARMED. I mean, the girl is fine by all measures! Her mind is alert, she is on both heels and her smile and faith in GOD - priceless?!!! GOD YOU ARE GLORIOUS!!!!
Today I put off the candle I lite on my blog with a strong blow!! and instead celebrate GOD...because...yes again, GOD YOU ARE GLORIOUS!!!! Good people - TRUST FIRMLY IN GOD, HE IS A SURE REFUGE!
THANK YOU so so much dear God. To Muthoni - we love you so much, so so much, so so so much! Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!! we pray for speedy healing and restoration.
This is what I sing, GOD to you.....! YOU ARE GLORIOUS!!!! and I sing very loudly in spite of my vocals ;-)
Came to God, seeking His assurance that he has me in mind as I go through some rough life terrain and the word He put in my heart below put me to rest.
Thank You Lord.
A prayer of David.
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; 3 have mercy on me, Lord,
for I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
for I put my trust in you.
abounding in love to all who call to you.
6 Hear my prayer, Lord;
listen to my cry for mercy.
7 When I am in distress, I call to you,
because you answer me.
no deeds can compare with yours.
9 All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.
10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths,
from the realm of the dead.
ruthless people are trying to kill me—
they have no regard for you.
15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
16 Turn to me and have mercy on me;
show your strength in behalf of your servant;
save me, because I serve you
just as my mother did.
17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
in quietness and trust is your strength,
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Another year gone, another blessing to count.
I am grateful to God, He has been ever present!
The verse I held to in 2013 was;
You have made me as strong as a wild ox;
you have blessed me with happiness.
and the Lord did give me ox - like strength and lots of happiness in 2013;
- I quit my job and He was my sufficient provider for the months I was out and indeed to the end of the year after I got a new job. The strength to walk away from my old job and strength to persevere in my new job can only be described as Ox strength and that, from God.
- I got married and that, at a time, when I was jobless and low on finance. God gathered my family and friends and gave us a wonderful simple wedding - my heart's desire sort of wedding and that, also took Ox strength from God.
- Its been 6 months of marriage, wonderful six months and that, truly has been a blessing of happiness. My husband, my family, my in-laws, all reflect your kind love for me....and am truly, so very happy and grateful for the gift of happiness.
- Good Health - am happy, Lord, that you have kept all my family and friends in good health. Some have been ill in the year, but you have healed and continue to heal....that's happiness.
- Sermons at church have been so timely each Sunday, God, you have fed me with the juiciest of soul foods these year...some swallowed easily...others required lots of chew...all in all....really good spiritual food, am real grateful.
- My bible study group, my sister, my friends, my family - Lord, you have brought me much joy by your faithfulness in their lives. Thank you.
- And finally, for my friend Muthoni, she remains in captivity, I had hoped the year would not end, that you would deliver her and bring her home....Lord, I bow to your will and timing....though it has not happened, I thank you for strength to pray for her daily, faith to believe that you fend for her needs daily, strength not to give up. I thank you for the happiness we experience, each time we receive news that she is ok.....and for the assurance in my heart, that, IT IS WELL WITH HER.
I bow to you, God, YOU have been true to your word and fulfilled it.
I worship you now and always.